Puppy Kindergarten is a fun, 1 hour-long, 6 week course for puppies aged between 10 – 18 weeks. The course is designed to help build your puppy’s self confidence through games, play and socialization and be introduced to beginning basic obedience. It will also teach him or her basic doggie manners and help you to deal with nuisance behavior such as mouthing, chewing or jumping.
Did you know that puppies learn more in their first 18 weeks than they do in their entire lifetime? The American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior believes that is should be standard of care for puppies to receive socialization before they are fully vaccinated. Search for AVSAB Position Paper to view it in its entirety. What they are exposed to during these crucial weeks has an everlasting emotional and cognitive effect on the rest of their lives. Through exposure to positive life experiences at an early age, you are setting your puppy up to succeed!
Each lesson will cover:
- mini-lectures and practical exercises
- how to get puppy used to “scary” objects
- how to deal with a problem behavior
- the teaching of a basic command
- a confidence-building exercises
and of course, lots of free playtime!
A fun 6 week course for puppies. Minimum start age 10 weeks. Maximum start age 12 weeks. It’s also a great way for your puppy to make some friends!
10-16 weeks (Puppies should be graduating by 16 weeks)
Length of Class:
6 weeks, 1 hour duration
Puppies must have had at least two of their inoculations of DHPP or DAP and one of Bordetella (Canine Cough) in their series of vaccines. During the duration of your class, please provide us with any updated vaccinations that your puppy received during the class period. Flea and Tick prevention (oral, topical or collar) is required while training or socializing on the property. Please email current vaccination records BEFORE the first day of class to firstname.lastname@example.org. Graduation diplomas will be presented at the last class.
Schedule – Saturday at 9:00am
Jan 13 through Feb 17, 2024 with Mekenna
Enrollment will be on a First Come, First Serve basis and Registration must be paid in advance to guarantee a spot.
LOCATION – It’s A Dog’s World K-9 Academy on the property of Chino’s Caring Kennel, 3890 Walnut Ave, Chino 91710.
The cost for our Puppy Kindergarten is 6 weeks at $140. Full payment is required before class begins. No refunds will be given after attending the first class.
*All puppies that have been adopted from an Animal Shelter or service dogs will receive a $10 discount (proof may be required).
PLEASE NOTE: Dogs displaying aggressive behaviors are not permitted in our Group Classes. If you are unsure whether your dog is an appropriate fit for our Group class, we are happy to offer Free/No Obligation Consultations at our facility to assess your pet and discuss your training options.
If you miss a class, we’ll do our best to catch you up but understand that it’s a class not an individual lesson and there are no “make-ups”. Single private lessons to catch up are available at an additional cost.
- A full refund will be given for classes canceled by It’s A Dog’s World. If the dates or times of an class are changed by the It’s A Dog’s World and the participant is unable to attend a full refund will apply (excluding rain/holidays). In case of rain or a holiday, It’s A Dog’s World will provide a different day for a makeup class.
- All requests for transfers or refunds must be requested 5 business days prior to the first class start date.
- A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from all approved refunds.
- If original payment was made by a credit card the refund will be credited back to the credit card. All other refunds will be issued by check and may take up to 2 weeks to receive.
- If participant is dissatisfied with a class they must contact It’s A Dog’s World Group Class Coordinator at 909-548-3150 prior to the 2nd class to request a credit that can be used to retake the class or be applied to another class in the future.
- If participant is unable to continue with a class after the class has begun due to an illness or health issue a medical excuse from a doctor must be provided to obtain a credit that can be used to retake the class or be applied to another class in the future. Charges for classes attended will be deducted from all approved credits.
Required Training Equipment:
- 6 foot leash
- training collar such as: martingale (check choke), Gentle Leader®, Easy Walk Harness® Note: No metal collars.
- Training Treats such as Natural Balance Rolls, Hot Dogs, String Cheese, Liver Bait, Jerky Treats
- Training Pouch
We sell some of the above items in our Pet Store.
Our classes will be held outside in a large, fenced training field. Our campus has restrooms and plenty of chairs. Please dress comfortably for the season that we are in! We recommend wearing layers of clothing and comfortable, closed toed shoes like Tennis shoes or hiking boots.