Imagine how proud your dog (and you) would be to receive his or her Canine Good Citizen Certificate! This 6-week course helps to prepare your dog to take the 10 Step AKC Canine Good Citizen exam. Work with your dog up to 30 feet away using a long-line, lengthen stays and increase the level of distraction. You will also learn 5 new behaviors to teach your dog and get an introduction to agility and off-leash training. Upon passing the 10 step program, established by the American Kennel Club, you will receive a certificate approving your dog as a well mannered pet at home an in the community. CGC has a number of legal benefits as well! Note: Not all dogs will pass. Each dog will be evaluated individually in the group by the instructor on their abilities to perform the required behaviors.
INTERMEDIATE GROUP CLASS (Level 1) PLUS AKC Canine Good CitizenTM (6-weeks $150)
Continue improving your dog’s obedience skills. Work with your dog up to 30 feet away using a long-line, separate hand-signals from verbal commands, lengthen stays and increase the level of distraction. Get an introduction to targeting, agility, and intro to off-leash training. In addition, our Level 1 Class introduces the concepts and techniques needed to prepare your dog for the AKC Canine Good Citizen TM (CGC) evaluation so you can show the world your dog is well-mannered wherever you go!*. This ongoing class meets for one hour, once a week for 6 weeks. Students may continue attending additional sessions for a reduced price. Prerequisite: Successful completion of Basic Obedience or an evaluation by Instructor. Cost: $150 for initial 6-week package, then $20 per visit as needed.
INTERMEDIATE GROUP CLASS (Level 2) PLUS AKC Community CanineTM (6-weeks $120)
This class takes your dog’s obedience training to the next level! Your dog will learn to work around heavy distractions, including walking through large crowds like you might encounter at festivals and fairs, ignoring temptations like food placed out in the open, and holding a stay command even when your back is turned! This class will also prepare your pet to take the AKC Community Canine Evaluation.* This ongoing class meets for one hour, once a week for 6 weeks. Prerequisite: Successful completion of Intermediate Level 1 AND the Canine Good Citizen title. Cost: $120 for initial 6-week package, then $20 per visit as needed.
The 2-hour CGCTM & Community Canine Evaluation will be administered the week after course completion. Cost: $20 Dogs taking the CGC Community Canine must also have a Registration Number assigned by the American Kennel Club (numbers can be assigned to all dogs regardless of breed or breed mix)
6 months and older
Length of Class:
Please Note: Bring proof of vaccinations (DHPPC, Bordetella, Rabies) to the first day of class. Graduation certificates will be presented the last day of class.
Location – Chino’s Caring Kennel: 3890 Walnut Ave., Chino, CA 91710
Schedule – Saturdays 10:00 a.m. with Glenda
Ongoing Drop-In Format
The cost for our Intermediate obedience class is $150 (full payment required before the start date). After completing the 6-week package, you may continue attending at a cost of $20 per lesson.
AKC Urban CGCTM (3-weeks $100)
This new class is designed to test your dog’s skills in outdoor public environments and is equivalent to other Public Access tests. Lessons and test will take place at local outdoor shopping pavilions. Your dog will learn how to navigate through crowds, traffic, stores, elevators, stairs and other situations common to being in an urban public space.* This ongoing class meets Saturdays at 12:00 pm for one hour, once a week for 3 weeks (test will be given on the 3rd week). Prerequisite: Successful completion of the Canine Good Citizen title. Owner must also have an AKC number of one of the following types: AKC Registration number, Purebred Alternative Listing (PAL) number, or a Canine Partners Number (these are obtained through the American Kennel Club website) . Cost: $100. Location: Chino Hills Shoppes & Bass Pro Shop
CLASS DATE: NEW 2021 DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED @ 12:00 pm
*Successful passage of the AKC Canine Good Citizen, AKC Community Canine and AKC Urban CGC tests is not guaranteed.
*All dogs that have been adopted from an Animal Shelter or service dogs will receive a $10 discount (proof may be required). Not applicable with any other discounts or offers.
PLEASE NOTE: Dogs displaying aggressive behaviors are not permitted in our Group Classes. If you are unsure whether your dog is an appropriate fit for our Group class, we are happy to offer Free/No Obligation Consultations at our facility to assess your pet and discuss your training options.
If you miss a class, we’ll do our best to catch you up but understand that it’s a class not an individual lesson. Single private lessons to catch up are available at an additional cost.
- full refund will be given for classes cancelled by It’s A Dog’s World. If the dates or times of an class are changed by the It’s A Dog’s World and the participant is unable to attend a full refund will apply.
- All requests for transfers or refunds must be requested 5 business days prior to the first class start date.
- 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from all approved refunds.
- If original payment was made by a credit card the refund will be credited back to the credit card. All other refunds will be issued by check and may take up to 2 weeks to receive.
- If participant is dissatisfied with a class they must contact It’s A Dog’s World Group Class Coordinator at 909-548-3150 prior to the 2nd class to request a credit that can be used to retake the class or be applied to another class in the future.
- If participant is unable to continue with a class after the class has begun due to an illness or health issue a medical excuse from a doctor must be provided to obtain a credit that can be used to retake the class or be applied to another class in the future. Charges for classes attended will be deducted from all approved credits.
- 6 foot leash
- Training collar such as: Buckle collar, martingale (check choke), Gentle Leader Note: No metal collars.
- Training Treats such as Natural Balance Rolls, Hot Dogs, String Cheese, Liver Bait, Jerky Treats
- Training Pouch
- Toys, brush for grooming exercise
We sell all the above items in our Pet Store.
We encourage the use of treats and toys to make it fun!
Our Chino classes will be held outdoors on our large, fenced training field. Our facility has restrooms and plenty of chairs. Please dress comfortably! We recommend dressing in layers and wearing comfortable shoes like Tennis shoes or hiking boots.