AKC Urban CGCTM (3-weeks $100)
This new class is designed to test your dog’s skills in outdoor public environments and is equivalent to other Public Access tests. Lessons and test will take place at local outdoor shopping pavilions. Your dog will learn how to navigate through crowds, traffic, stores, elevators, stairs and other situations common to being in an urban public space.* This ongoing class meets Saturdays at 12:00 pm for one hour, once a week for 3 weeks (test will be given on the 3rd week). Prerequisite: Successful completion of the Canine Good Citizen title. Owner must also have an AKC number of one of the following types: AKC Registration number, Purebred Alternative Listing (PAL) number, or a Canine Partners Number (these are obtained through the American Kennel Club website) . Cost: $100. Location: Chino Hills Shoppes & Bass Pro Shop
Date TBA @ 12:00 pm
*Successful passage of the AKC Canine Good Citizen, AKC Community Canine and AKC Urban CGC tests is not guaranteed.
*All dogs that have been adopted from an Animal Shelter or service dogs will receive a $10 discount (proof may be required). Not applicable with any other discounts or offers.
PLEASE NOTE: Dogs displaying aggressive behaviors are not permitted in our Group Classes. If you are unsure whether your dog is an appropriate fit for our Group class, we are happy to offer Free/No Obligation Consultations at our facility to assess your pet and discuss your training options.
If you miss a class, we’ll do our best to catch you up but understand that it’s a class not an individual lesson. Single private lessons to catch up are available at an additional cost.
- full refund will be given for classes cancelled by It’s A Dog’s World. If the dates or times of an class are changed by the It’s A Dog’s World and the participant is unable to attend a full refund will apply.
- All requests for transfers or refunds must be requested 5 business days prior to the first class start date.
- 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from all approved refunds.
- If original payment was made by a credit card the refund will be credited back to the credit card. All other refunds will be issued by check and may take up to 2 weeks to receive.
- If participant is dissatisfied with a class they must contact It’s A Dog’s World Group Class Coordinator at 909-548-3150 prior to the 2nd class to request a credit that can be used to retake the class or be applied to another class in the future.
- If participant is unable to continue with a class after the class has begun due to an illness or health issue a medical excuse from a doctor must be provided to obtain a credit that can be used to retake the class or be applied to another class in the future. Charges for classes attended will be deducted from all approved credits.
- 6 foot leash
- Training collar such as: Buckle collar, martingale (check choke), Gentle Leader Note: No metal collars.
- Training Treats such as Natural Balance Rolls, Hot Dogs, String Cheese, Liver Bait, Jerky Treats
- Training Pouch
- Toys, brush for grooming exercise
We sell all the above items in our Pet Store.
We encourage the use of treats and toys to make it fun!
Our Chino classes will be held outdoors on our large, fenced training field. Our facility has restrooms and plenty of chairs. Please dress comfortably! We recommend dressing in layers and wearing comfortable shoes like Tennis shoes or hiking boots.