A fun way to get your dog trained is to sign up for a Group Obedience course. You will share the trainer with a group of owners and their dogs (maximum of 12) who are more than likely experiencing the exact same training issues that you are! This course runs for 7 weeks and you will meet your trainer in a group once a week for an hour. To get the most out of this training method, you will be required to work with your dog each day for 45 minutes in between the lessons.
This class covers the following commands:
- Loose Leash walking
- Heel (dog walks on your left side – dog’s shoulders are even with your knees. Includes left, right, and about turn).
- Automatic sit (the dog will sit automatically when you come to a stop)
- Sit & Down (dog will perform command the first time you ask)
- Sit & Down Stay (at the end of a 6 foot & 30 foot long line)
- Recall with a formal finish (“come” command and sit in front of you)
- Wait (stop at doors and gates so as to not bolt out of doors)
- Lecture topics: stop digging, chewing, playful biting, barking excessively, jumping up on people, furniture, and doors, housebreaking
- Place command (teaches your dog to “relax” on a bed)
- Proper greetings with other dogs and people
- Nutrition & Exercise
- And, all obedience commands will be covered with plenty of distractions and up to 30’ away!
The cost for our basic obedience class is $145 (full payment required before the start date).
4 months and older
Length of Class:
7 weeks – first week is orientation without your dog.
Please fax proof of vaccinations (DHPPC, Bordetella, Rabies) and Flea/Tick protection BEFORE the first day of class. Fax to (909)548 -3154. Graduation certificates will be presented the last day of class.
NOTES ON COVID-19: We currently require all participants to wear some type of face mask and/or face shield that completely covers the nose and mouth. In addition, we ask that social distancing of at least 6 feet be maintained between students at all times. We reserve the right to limit the attendance of additional family members in order to maintain safe social distancing.
Class Location: Chino’s Caring Kennel: 3890 Walnut Ave., Chino, CA 91710
|Mondays||6:30 pm||May 3 thru June 21 (Skip 5/31)||Dani|
|Saturdays||9:00 am||June 1 thru July 24 (Skip 7/3)||Glenda|
|Saturdays||11:00 am||April 10 thru May 22||Dani|
|Tuesdays||6:30 pm||April 20 thru June 1||Dani|
|Wednesdays||6:30 pm||May 19 thru June 20||Dani|
PLEASE NOTE: Dogs displaying aggressive behaviors are not permitted in our Group Classes. If you are unsure whether your dog is an appropriate fit for our Group class, we are happy to offer Free/No Obligation Consultations at our facility to assess your pet and discuss your training options.
If you miss a class, we’ll do our best to catch you up but understand that it’s a class not an individual lesson. Single private lessons to catch up are available at an additional cost.
- A full refund will be given for classes cancelled by It’s A Dog’s World. If the dates or times of an class are changed by the It’s A Dog’s World and the participant is unable to attend a full refund will apply.
- All requests for transfers or refunds must be requested 5 business days prior to the first class start date.
- A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from all approved refunds.
- If original payment was made by a credit card the refund will be credited back to the credit card. All other refunds will be issued by check and may take up to 2 weeks to receive.
- If participant is dissatisfied with a class they must contact It’s A Dog’s World Group Class Coordinator at 909-548-3150 prior to the 2nd class to request a credit that can be used to retake the class or be applied to another class in the future.
- If participant is unable to continue with a class after the class has begun due to an illness or health issue a medical excuse from a doctor must be provided to obtain a credit that can be used to retake the class or be applied to another class in the future. Charges for classes attended will be deducted from all approved credits.
- 6 foot leash
- Training Pouch
- Toys, brush for grooming exercise
- Training Treats such as Natural Balance Rolls, Hot Dogs, String Cheese, Liver Bait, Jerky Treats
- Training collar such as: martingale (check choke), Gentle Leader®, Easy Walk Harness®
We sell all the above items in our Pet Store.
*All dogs that have been adopted from an Animal Shelter or service dogs will receive a $10 discount (proof may be required).
Please Note: Aggressive Dogs are not permitted in Group Classes.
We encourage the use of treats and toys to make it fun!
Our classes are held outdoors on our large, fenced training field. We have restrooms and plenty of chairs. Please dress comfortably! We recommend dressing in layers and wearing safe and comfortable shoes like Tennis shoes or Hiking Boots.