The Canine Good Citizen® Program was started by The American Kennel Club® in 1989. The program was designed to reward dogs with good manners. Upon passing the American Kennel Club’s® 10 – step test, you will receive a certificate approving your dog as a well-mannered pet at home and in the community. The test is a two part program that stresses responsible pet ownership and basic good manners for dogs. CGC® lays the foundation for toher AKC activities such as obedience, agility, Rally-O, and more! CGC® has a number of legal and insurance benefits as well! The CGC® program is one of the most rapidly growing programs in the American Kennel Club.
Note: Not all dogs will pass. Each dog will be evaluated individually in the group by the instructor on their abilities to perform the required behaviors. This test is open to all purebred and mixed breeds.
$100 ($25 additional application fee to CGC test)
6 months and older
Length of Class:
4 Weeks. Test: 2 hours
Basic Obedience or equivalent (based on Evaluator examination)
Vinjon’s Kennel 3890 Walnut Ave., Chino, CA 91710
Saturdays 11:00 a.m. with Glenda
January 9, 2016
If you miss a class, we’ll do our best to catch you up but understand that it’s a class not an individual lesson. Single private lessons to catch up are available at an additional cost.
- full refund will be given for classes cancelled by It’s A Dog’s World. If the dates or times of an class are changed by the It’s A Dog’s World and the participant is unable to attend a full refund will apply.
- All requests for transfers or refunds must be requested 5 business days prior to the first class start date.
- 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from all approved refunds.
- If original payment was made by a credit card the refund will be credited back to the credit card. All other refunds will be issued by check and may take up to 2 weeks to receive.
- If participant is dissatisfied with a class they must contact It’s A Dog’s World Group Class Coordinator at 909-548-3150 prior to the 2nd class to request a credit that can be used to retake the class or be applied to another class in the future.
- If participant is unable to continue with a class after the class has begun due to an illness or health issue a medical excuse from a doctor must be provided to obtain a credit that can be used to retake the class or be applied to another class in the future. Charges for classes attended will be deducted from all approved credits.
- 6 foot leash
- Training collar such as: Buckle collar, martingale (check choke), Gentle Leader Note: No metal collars.
- Training Treats such as Natural Balance Rolls, Hot Dogs, String Cheese, Liver Bait, Jerky Treats
- Training Pouch
- Toys, brush for grooming exercise
We sell all the above items in our Pet Store.
We encourage the use of treats and toys to make it fun!
Our Chino classes will be held outdoors on our large, fenced training field. Our facility has restrooms and plenty of chairs. Please dress comfortably! We recommend dressing in layers and wearing comfortable shoes like Tennis shoes or hiking boots.